Buying a Home in New York City
Congratulations on starting your home search. If you’re looking for starter homes, new homes, lots/land for sale, new home construction, homes for rent, luxury homes, townhouses, co-ops, condo or other real estate in the Queens, Brooklyn and the rest of the New York City area could be a challenge. Especially when you hear that the property your interested in was just sold. Make your home search easier with us when you’re ready to buy a home in Queens or Brooklyn discuss with us how become a “Buyer Client”. We work with many banks to get you Pre-Approved. We also work hand in hand with the none for profit National Housing Services they can provide Many types of home Grants if you qualify. We want to be your resource for your real estate related matters.
We understand if your not ready at this moment. Please however register on our site so you can start receiving immediate information on ALL new listings that match your criteria directly emailed to your inbox. Register now! We would love the opportunity to setup a free no obligation consultation. We can save you time , headaches and in some instances money! Contact us through the form below.
TGNY 6 Steps to Buying a Home
Team Garcia NYC wants to help you understand the buying process.
Get Buyer Representation Today
BUYING A HOME What Your Buyer’s Agent Does:
1.Assist in locating sources of mortgage loans.
2. Help you examine how much you can afford but how much you may want to spend.
3. Assist in comparing different fi nancing options.
4. Provide information on purchasing incentives that may be available.
5. Educate and discuss the differences between being prequalifi ed and preapproved for a mortgage. Assist in fi nding the right property.
6. Identify your needs and wants in a property.
7. Find appropriate available properties.
8. Set up an automated e-mail alert system that immediately notifies you of properties that fi t your requirements.
9. Sort through inaccurate information about homes in the area.
10. Provide ready access to all MLS-listed properties.
11. Network with other agents for properties not yet in the MLS. Continued on the back 1 for You Guide you through making an offer and represent you and your interests in negotiations.
12. Preview properties prior to showing.
13. Help select for viewing only those homes that fi t your needs.
14. Aid in narrowing your search until you have identified your top choices.
15. Assist in analyzing the pros and cons of each property.
16. Disclose all known latent material defects.
17. Assist you in evaluating properties for suitability, affordability, and resale value. Educate you on market conditions.
18. Educate you on whether it is a buyers’ market or a sellers’ market.
19. Show statistics on what percent of list price the sellers are currently receiving.
20. Show trends, current average days on market, current absorption rate, and/or current months of inventory. Help arrange financing.
21. Prepare a CMA so that you make an informed decision when offering a price.
22. Advise you on what comparable properties are selling for.
23. Explain common contract contingencies.
24. Obtain appropriate seller disclosures.
25. Prioritize your goals.
26. Help create a negotiating strategy to achieve those goals.
27. Ensure that you receive and understand all state and federally required disclosure forms.
28. Handle the completion of the offer to purchase or sales contract.
29. Educate you on the contents of the sales contract.
30. Ensure that all appropriate additional forms are completed.
31. Assist you in getting the best property at the best price with the least amount of inconvenience based on current market conditions.
32. Prepare you for multiple offer situations and develop negotiation strategies specific to multiple offers. Get you to closing and serve as your trusted real estate resource.
33. Recommend inspectors, lenders, attorneys, and other professionals as necessary.
34. Be an advocate and adviser during the closing process.
35. Review and discuss home inspection concerns.
36. Monitor and communicate required contract deadlines to ensure that you meet them.
37. Assist in coordinating communications between the listing agent, lender, attorneys, title company, appraiser, and other professionals.
38. Accompany you on the walk-through prior to closing to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you entered into the contract.
39. Remain a life-long trusted adviser regarding real estate questions, needs, or concerns. Count on your Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) to provide the highest level of buyer-representation services.